RU Hacks 2020 Hackathon Rules
- Only participants who have been accepted and confirmed their spots through the application portal on RU Hacks website are permitted to submit their projects through Devpost. All other project submissions are void.
- We follow MLH Contest Rules as well as our own. As such, the contest is open to any individuals, with any single team consisting of one (1) to four (4) individuals. Individuals must be legal residents of Canada, excluding the province of Quebec, and must be either current high-school or university students, as well as at least 14 years of age.
- As per MLH Contest Rules and conditions, minors (those between the ages of 14-18) will be required to submit parent permission forms. Parents or guardians must either electronically sign the permission form, or print it out, then sign it and email a scanned copy to email@example.com.
- Cross-submissions of the same projects to different hackathons running simultaniously as RU Hacks are not permitted and will result in immediate disqualification from RU Hacks.
- All code written must be your own and written before project submissions ends. Project submissions end Sunday(May 17th) at 10:30 am EST.
The contest entry period begins on April 1st, 2020 at 1:00 pm and ends on May 1st, 2020 at 1:00 am Eastern Standard Time(EST).
The contest itself will be held virtually, beginning on May 15, 2020 at 7 pm and ending on May 17, 2020 at 9 pm EST. To be eligible for potential prizes, the criteria is outlined below.
Code of Conduct
We abide by the MLH Code of Conduct.
Top 3 Prizes
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place teams are determined by judges chosen to rank project demos in the hackathon. See ‘Judging Criteria’ above. Each of the Top 3 Prizes is awarded to only one (1) team per prize.
- First (1st) Place: Luxury Espresso Machine, $1000 Value, per Winning Team Member.
- Second (2nd) Place: AirPods Pro, $500 Value, per Winning Team Member.
- Third (3rd) Place: Amazon Echo, $125 Value, per Winning Team Member.Best High School Prize: One item of technology, $60, Per Winning Team Member.
- Best High School Prize: Google Home Mini, $60, Per Winning Team Member.
- Best UiPath Automation Hack
- Best Domain Registered with Domain.com
- Best use of Google Cloud
- Best use of Blockstack
- Best use of MongoDB Atlas
- Facebook Spark AR Sticker Challenge
- Best UiPath Automation Hack
- Wolfram: The Wolfram Award for everyone on the top fifteen teams via award letter with a maximum of four individuals per team. This award is for a year of Wolfram|One Personal Edition plus a one-year subscription to Wolfram|Alpha Pro.The value of each individual award is $375.00.
Google Cloud- Best Use of Google Cloud - Use any Google Cloud product in your project (Firebase counts!)
Each member of the 1st place winning team gets: Google Nest Mini, Cloud Patagonia Backpack, Cloud Pillow, Acrylic Trophy, and Cloud Water Bottle
1st PLACE winning team members receive: Cloud Patagonia Backpack, Cloud Pillow, Acrylic Trophy, Cloud Water Bottle, and Google Nest Mini
2nd PLACE team will receive Nest Minis (provided by MLH).
NOTE: Prize shipping available only within North America
echoAR: Build the best AR/VR application using the echoAR platform! For FREE access to all Business Plan features, register to the platform here. By creating a project with echoAR you will enter to win:
- $50 Amazon gift card
- 1-month free Business Tier access
- A feature in our newsletter sent to investors and the AR/VR ecosystem
Harm Reduction: This category prompts participants to explore innovative solutions to the overdose crisis in Canada. Participants will be supported to develop transformative digital interventions in an effort to address different aspects of this urgent and complex social issue. Each winning team member wins a JBL Flip 4 Portable Bluetooth Speaker worth $130.
For additional rules check out our full list of rules