Our platform provides companies with the opportunity to showcase their software, hardware, and APIs to hundreds of interested students, while providing these students with a strong learning curve. Students are constantly looking to learn and grow with the ever-changing technology, and we would be interested in having you be a part of their journey.
- Only participants who have been accepted and confirmed their spots through the application portal on RU Hacks website are permitted to submit their projects through Devpost. All other project submissions are void.
- We follow MLH Contest Rules as well as our own. As such, the contest is open to any individuals, with any single team consisting of one (1) to four (4) individuals. Individuals must be legal residents of Canada, excluding the province of Quebec, and must be either current high-school or university students, as well as at least 14 years of age.
- As per MLH Contest Rules and conditions, minors (those between the ages of 14-18) will be required to submit parent permission forms. Parents or guardians must either electronically sign the permission form, or print it out, then sign it and email a scanned copy to email@example.com.
- Cross-submissions of the same projects to different hackathons running simultaniously as RU Hacks are not permitted and will result in immediate disqualification from RU Hacks.
- All code written must be your own and written before project submissions ends. Project submissions end Sunday(May 17th) at 10:30 am EST.
- Github link(mandatory)
- Video demo(mandatory)
$CAD29,780 in prizes
1st Place Winner
Win a Luxury Espresso Machine, $1000 Value, per Winning Team Member
2nd Place Winner - AirPods Pro
Win AirPods Pro, $500 Value, per Winning Team Member
3rd Place Winner - Amazon Echo
Win an Amazon Echo, $125 Value, per Winning Team Member
Top 15 Team (The Wolfram Alpha Award)
The Wolfram Award for everyone on the top fifteen teams via award letter with a maximum of four individuals per team. This award is for a year of Wolfram|One Personal Edition plus a one-year subscription to Wolfram|Alpha Pro.The value of each individual award is $375.00.
Best High School Prize
Win one item of technology worth $60, Per Winning Team Member. All members of your team must be high schoolers to be eligible for this prize.
MLH: Best UiPath Automation Hack
Build an automation hack using UiPath! Each winning team member will receive a UiPath Branded Backpack.
MLH: Best Domain Registered with Domain.com
Domain.com provides all the domain services you need from registration to hosting to SSL certificates and beyond. Each hacker will receive a FREE domain name and year of domain privacy from Domain.com for their project this weekend!
The winning team will receive Domain.com Backpacks.
MLH: Best use of Blockstack
Create an app using the Blockstack Platform. Winning team members will receive a pair of Apple BeatsX Earphones.
MLH: Best use of MongoDB Atlas
Create a hack using MongoDB Atlas to host a database in the cloud! Automate the provisioning and deployment process with ease, while focusing all your efforts on your hack. Projects built using MongoDB Atlas will be eligible to win an AirCharge Plus.
MLH: Facebook Spark AR Sticker Challenge
Create an Instagram filter using Facebook's Spark AR. Winner of the category will have their filter published through the MLH Instagram Channel & Featured on Facebook's Spark AR Community Page.
Best Use of Google Cloud
Use any Google Cloud product in your project (Firebase counts!) See full list of products at cloud.google.com/products.
First place wins: Cloud Patagonia Backpack, Cloud Pillow, Acrylic Trophy, Cloud Water Bottle, and Google Nest Mini for each team member
Runner up wins a Nest Mini for each team member (provided by MLH)
Prize shipping only available within North America
Best use of echoAR
Build the best AR/VR application using the echoAR platform! Winners will receive a $50 Amazon git card, 1-month free Business Tier access to echoAR and a feature in echoAR's newsletter sent to investors and the AR/VR echosystem!
Harm Reduction Category Winner
This category prompts participants to explore innovative solutions to the overdose crisis in Canada. Participants will be supported to develop transformative digital interventions in an effort to address different aspects of this urgent and complex social issue. Each winning team member wins a JBL Flip 4 Portable Bluetooth Speaker worth $130.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Partner Manager / IBM
CTO / NuraLogix AI
Co-Founder & COO / echoAR
Co-Founder & CEO / echoAR
Co-Founder / ARIS
Product Manager / Centro
Product and Operations Manager / Senso.ai
Staff Software Engineer / Twitter
Biomedical Engineer / Myant Inc.
CEO/CTO / Menten AI, Inc
Engineering Manager / Flexport
Product Designer / zGlue
CEO and Founder / Wonsulting
Software Development Engineer / Amazon
The newness of the idea in the tech industry.
How usable is the product
How creative and independent the idea is.
How user friendly is the idea/product.